- Calories: 90
- Protein: 4g
- Total Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 19g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Total Sugar: 7g
- Natural Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 135mg
Looking to add a hit of nutrition to your chocolate shake? Try a couple handfuls of baby spinach. I’m serious! You’ll still taste only chocolaty goodness, but you’ll get a dose of greens as well. See…it IS easy being green.
For more healthy recipes, check out my book, From Junk Food to Joy Food!
- Prep time
- Total Time
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or skim milk, soy milk or coconut milk)
- 1 ripe banana, sliced (preferably frozen)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- 3 to 5 ice cubes (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a blender until creamy and smooth. For a icier consistency, add a few cubes.