- Calories: 150
- Protein: 20 g
- Total Fat: 6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 55 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0 g
- Total Sugar: 1 g
- Natural Sugar: 1 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 380 mg
A Bauer-home favorite, this classic chicken salad is ready in a pinch and always a guaranteed winner. Simply shred cooked chicken breast or thigh (using leftovers is highly encouraged) and mix with light mayo, lemon juice, salt and pepper. For extra nutrition and flavor, go ahead and toss in naturally sweet sliced grapes or chopped apples, crunchy celery, or immune-boosting red onion. Serve on toasted whole grain bread or over a salad with the works—lunch is served!
- Prep time
- Total Time
- • 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (I use skinless rotisserie breast)
- • 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise (or more for a creamier texture)
- • 2 teaspoons lemon juice (from about ½ a lemon)
- • ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- • ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- • ½ cup chopped apple (skin on) or halved grapes
- • Optional minced onion, or finely chopped onion
- • Optional finely chopped celery and bell peppers.
Add everything to a large mixing bowl and toss until well combined. Add extra mayo for preferred creaminess and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve on a whole grain bun, sandwiched between two slices of whole grain bread, stuffed in a pita pocket or with crackers.
Nutrition provided for ½ cup.
Try this Fiery Chicken Salad!