- Calories: 340
- Protein: 19g
- Total Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 33g
- Dietary Fiber: 9g
- Sodium: 60mg
Everybody seems to have a favorite tuna salad recipe, but it is just as easy to create fabulous salads using canned salmon, which has much more omega-3 fats and vitamin D. Serve over a bed of lettuce or in a sandwich with whole wheat bread.
- Prep time
- Total Time
- 6 ounces wild boneless, skinless salmon (canned or fresh)
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
In a medium bowl, mash the salmon. Mix in the chickpeas, onion and red pepper.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil and vinegar. Season with preferred herbs and spices. Pour the dressing over the salmon mixture and stir thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.
Serving size: 1 cup