- Calories: 390
- Protein: 16 g
- Total Fat: 9 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 63 mg
- Dietary Fiber: 13 g
- Total Sugar: 18 g
- Natural Sugar: 17 g
- Added Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 120 mg
- Prep time
- Total Time
- • 1 ripe banana
- • ½ cup almond milk (or any other preferred milk)
- • ¼ cup nonfat or low-fat plain Greek yogurt*
- • ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- • ¼ to ½ cup Wild Blueberries
- • 1 Tablespoon chia seeds or ground flaxseeds (also called flax-meal)
- • ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- • ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- • A pinch of salt
- • 1 to 2 Tablespoons toasted, chopped pecans, optional
*You can swap in part-skim ricotta cheese or whipped cottage cheese
In a small mixing bowl, mash the banana with the milk, yogurt and vanilla extract until well-blended. Mix in the oats, blueberries, chia seeds (or ground flaxseed), cinnamon and salt. Stir until everything is mixed together.
Transfer to a small mason jar or pretty container with a lid, cover and stash in the fridge for at least 3 hours to overnight. Right before eating add toasted pecans and dig in!
Will last in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Nutrition provided using almond milk. Add 50 calories per Tablespoon of pecans, if you decide to add.