- Calories: 227
- Protein: 40g
- Total Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 9g
- Dietary Fiber: 9g
- Sodium: 755mg
Use light instead of albacore white canned tuna to get all the nutrition without too much mercury. Chopped peppers and carrots add beta carotene and vitamin C. Serve it on a bed of fresh spinach leaves for an added blast of lutein.
- Prep time
- Total Time
- 1 can light tuna (packed in water), drained
- 1/2 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/2 stalk celery, diced
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 scallion (green onion), minced
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups spinach leaves
- 4 slices tomato
In a medium bowl, flake the tuna into small pieces with fork. Add the carrot, celery, red and yellow pepper, scallion, mayonnaise, and lemon juice, and mix well with a fork.
Line a plate with the spinach and place the tuna mixture on top. Arrange the tomato slices around the tuna.
Try my Parm and Pepper Egg White Salad.