- Calories: 180
- Protein: 10g
- Total Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 31g
- Dietary Fiber: 8g
- Sodium: 80mg
This quick and easy vegan meal is delicious plain or with a dollop of Greek yogurt. It was such a huge hit with my family, I decided to mix the leftovers with egg and bake a tasty casserole topped with cheese (check out my Quinoa Black Bean Casserole). Try both yummy recipes!
- Prep time
- Total Time
- • 8 ounces white mushrooms, diced
- • 1 red bell pepper, diced
- • 8 stalks kale, cut into small pieces
- • 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix (store-bought or try my Taco Seasoning Blend)
- • 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed*
- • 2 cups cooked quinoa
- • Salt and black pepper to taste
Coat pan liberally with oil spray. Add mushrooms, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Next, add the red pepper and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. And finally toss in the kale and cook 2 to 3 more minutes. Mix in taco seasoning. Turn off heat and stir in the black beans and cooked quinoa. Season with Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste.
*Rinse beans in a colander under cold running water to remove as much salt as possible. Alternatively, you can also look for low-sodium brands.
Serving Size: 1 cup