- Calories: 65
- Protein: 3g
- Total Fat: 2g
- Total Carbohydrate: 10g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Sodium: 140mg
This side dish takes green beans from simple to scrumptious with flavorful ingredients like garlic, soy sauce, and toasted sesame oil.
- Prep time
- Total Time
- 1 pound green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon whole-wheat bread crumbs (may substitute panko bread crumbs)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Fill a large saucepan with half an inch of water and bring the water to a boil. Add the green beans and cover the pan. Steam the green beans over medium-high heat until tender-crisp, about 6 minutes, stirring once or twice.
Heat a large skillet coated with oil spray over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until golden brown, about 1 minute. Add the green beans, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Sauté for 2 minutes.
Transfer the green beans to a serving dish and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and sesame seeds.
Serving size: 1 cup