- Calories: 210
- Protein: 25g
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 8g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 630mg
These brightly flavored salmon patties are a simple, inexpensive way to get a big dose of heart-healthy omega-3 fats!
- Prep time
- Total Time
- 15 ounces canned wild salmon, well drained
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 large egg whites (may substitute 1 whole egg)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- 1 scallion (green onion), minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (optional)
Add the salmon to a large mixing bowl (remove the skin and large bones if desired). Mash with a fork.
Add the ricotta, oats, egg whites (or egg), dill, scallion, and lemon zest (if using) and mix well. Form the salmon mixture into 4 patties.
Liberally coat a large sauté pan with oil spray, and preheat the pan over medium-high heat. Add the salmon patties and cook 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until golden brown on the outside and cooked through on the inside.
Serving size: 1 salmon patty