- Calories: 300
- Protein: 25g
- Total Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 20g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Total Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 820mg
Are you a recovering carb-aholic? If you’re trying to cut back, give this Portabello Supreme Pizza a shot! It’s what worked for Joy Fit Club member, Almetria Turner from Memphis, Tennessee. She subs the white carby crust for a portabello mushroom cap and piles on the “supreme” toppings. Feel free to swap in your favorite veggie ingredients, or have a toppings bar for everyone to make their own.
- Prep time
- Total Time
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps
- 1 Italian lean poultry sausage link, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup bell peppers, chopped (any preferred color)
- 1/3 cup onions, chopped
- 8 black olives, pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup pizza sauce (store-bought or homemade)
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Remove mushroom stem and gills until you have a smooth beige-like surface. Spread a couple tablespoons of tomato sauce inside each of the two mushroom caps. Then, sprinkle on the cheese, poultry sausage, onions, bell peppers and olives.
Coat a baking sheet with oil spray, place mushroom pizzas on top, and bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and veggies are cooked.