- Calories: 190
- Protein: 21 g
- Total Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 40 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 20 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5 g
- Total Sugar: 4 g
- Natural Sugar: 4 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 800 mg
This soup is slimming, delicious and a breeze to make. You probably already have most of the ingredients in your freezer and pantry, but feel free to use any other non-starchy veggies or beans on hand. Grab your spoon and enjoy!
- Prep time
- Total Time
- 1 cup cauliflower (fresh or frozen), roughly chopped*
- 1 cup broccoli florets (fresh or frozen), roughly chopped*
- 1 cup baby carrots*
- 1 quart low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoesEdit
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional spices: 1 teaspoon dried basil, ½ teaspoon cumin, ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (without skin)
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan (optional)
In a large pot, combine cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, chicken stock, stewed tomatoes, beans, garlic powder, bay leaves and optional spices. Cover pot and simmer on medium heat until soup comes to a boil.
Remove lid and simmer on medium-low until vegetables are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes (cooking time varies depending on whether you use fresh or frozen vegetables).
Remove bay leaves and add rotisserie chicken. Mix everything together and season to taste (add optional salt, pepper, and preferred spices, including basil, cumin and/or red pepper flakes). Ladle soup into bowls and serve each topped with 1 tablespoon of optional Parmesan.
*Can substitute any fresh or frozen vegetables
A serving is 1 cup.
Nutrition analysis courtesy of Genesis® R&D