- Calories: 290
- Protein: 12g
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 45g
- Dietary Fiber: 11g
- Sodium: 200mg
This vegetarian entrée salad features fiber-rich brown rice, protein-packed edamame, and a rainbow of vegetables seasoned with a nutty, flavorful Asian dressing. You’d be hard-pressed to find a salad that squeezes more nutrition into a single bowl!
- Prep time
- Total Time
- 1.5 cups shelled edamame, frozen
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and grated (may substitute 1 cup store-bought shredded carrots)
- 2 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (add more if you like spicy food)
Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add the frozen edamame and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water; cool to room temperature.
In a large bowl, combine the edamame, rice, bell pepper, carrot, and scallions.
In a small bowl, prepare the dressing. Whisk together the lime juice, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, and sriracha.
Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to coat the ingredients evenly with the dressing. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Serving size: 1¾ cups