- Calories: 240
- Protein: 12 g
- Total Fat: 9 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 40 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 27 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4 g
- Total Sugar: 4 g
- Natural Sugar: 4 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 430 mg
It’s true—everything is better with bacon! In this recipe, the classic BLT sandwich is transformed into pasta perfection. It’s a unique side that you can serve at barbecues alongside burgers, chicken or fish entrées, or enjoy as a generous helping for a luscious lunch or fuss-free supper. It’s a very versatile dish. You can swap the dressing: Top your bowl with Italian-style dressing (bottled or homemade) for a Mediterranean spin or enjoy it with creamy Bacon-Buttermilk for a traditional take. Add pearl mozzarella balls or feta crumbles. Top with jalapeños, diced chicken or avocado—you’re the boss of your bowl.
- Prep time
- Total Time
- • 1 pound rotini or fusilli pasta, preferably whole grain
- • 12 ounces (~20 slices) cooked turkey bacon, divided
- • 4 loose cups baby arugula leaves (about 4 handfuls)
- • 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
Bacon Buttermilk Dressing (makes 1 cup)
- • ½ cup light sour cream
- • 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- • 3 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
- • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- • ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- • ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- • ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- • 2 to 3 strips cooked turkey bacon, finely minced
- • 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped scallion (green onion) or chives
- • 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
Cook the pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain and set aside.
While the pasta cooks, make the dressing by tossing all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined. Set aside.
Slice all the cooked turkey bacon (with the exception of the few strips you minced for the dressing) into about 1-inch pieces.
Add the cooked pasta to a large mixing bowl and toss with the bacon, tomato halves, baby arugula leaves and dressing. Or, serve the dressing on the side and let everyone mix in their own.
A serving is 2 cups pasta salad with 2 tablespoons dressing.
Try my Kale Pesto Macaroni Salad.