- Calories: 235
- Protein: 38g
- Total Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Total Carbohydrate: 10g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sodium: 370mg
Steaming in individual packets is an easy, delicate way to prepare fish. And, as an added bonus, this method also saves on cleanup! Red bell peppers provide a blast of Vitamin C for healthy skin and joints.
- Prep time
- Total Time
- 4 fish fillets (halibut or cod)
- 2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch bok choy, leaves trimmed and separated
- 3 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
- 4 slices ginger root, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place 4 large pieces of aluminum foil on a baking sheet and in the middle of each piece, place a mound of bok choy, red peppers, and onions. Top each mound of vegetables with a fish fillet. Season fish with black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, scallions, sliced ginger and soy sauce (drizzle 1 tsp soy sauce over each fish fillet).
Fold foil over fillets to make a pocket, and pleat seams to securely enclose. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until fish is cooked to your preference.