- Calories: 140
- Protein: 9 g
- Total Fat: 8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 13 g
- Dietary Fiber:4 g
- Total Sugar: 4 g
- Natural Sugar: 4 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 170 mg
This pizza dish was inspired by Lorin Cook, of Alpine, New Jersey, winner of the TODAY show’s Grape Expectations recipe contest. I love how she incorporated nutrient-packed sweet potato in the crust (so creative) and loaded up each slice with so many good-for-you veggies. It’s a healthier alternative than dialing up delivery!
- Prep time
- Total Time
- • 1 to 2 cooked sweet potatoes (about 2 cups mashed)
- • 1½ cups whole wheat-white flour (or whole wheat pastry flour)
- • 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites
- • 1 cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese (or any other preferred flavor)
- • 1 teaspoon baking powder
- • ½ teaspoon onion powder
- • 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- • 1 teaspoon oregano
- • ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- • ½ teaspoon paprika
- • ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- • ¼ teaspoon salt
- • Sautéed vegetables of choice
- • ¾ cup tomato sauce
- • ¾ cup reduced-fat, shredded mozzarella cheese (or any preferred flavor, like Mexican blend or 4-Cheese)
Heat oven to 375˚.
Poke holes in sweet potatoes and microwave for 10 to 12 minutes. Peel skin place the flesh in a large mixing bowl and mash.
Add the rest of the “crust” ingredients to sweet potato and thoroughly combine. Spray two 9-inch round spring-form pans with oil spray.
Spread the dough out to cover the bottom of both the pans. Bake until the center is firm and the edges are browned, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
Remove crusts from spring-form pans and top with sauce, veggies and cheese.
Place back in oven and bake for about 5 to 7 minutes, until cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and let cool. Slice and enjoy!
Try my Tortilla Pizza.
Nutrition analysis courtesy of Genesis® R&D