- Calories: 150
- Protein: 10g
- Total Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 17g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Sodium: 560mg
This yummy vegan one-pot meal heats in layers so you can easily chop as things get cooking. Feel free to substitute any veggies you have lying around in the fridge and pile on the spice according to what your taste buds can handle.
- Prep time
- Total Time
- Daikon radish (Oriental white radish) cut into 1/2-inch strips (if you cannot find daikon radishes, use red radishes)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 block firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 portobello mushroom caps, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 30 baby carrots, cut into strips
- 4 scallions (green onions), chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced (optional)
- hot sauce (like Sriracha), to taste (optional)
Spray pan liberally with canola oil. Add radishes, and then add onion on top. Add the tofu on top of the onion. Add garlic cloves, and optional jalapeño and optional hot sauce. Drizzle soy sauce and sesame along the edges of the pot. Cover and cook for 5 minutes on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and baby carrots. Cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Add green onions on top, and cover and cook for 2 minutes.
*Note: The pot used for this recipe needs to be deep enough to accommodate all of the layers. Using a pot about 12 inches in diameter and 3 inches tall is best, but a smaller, taller pot would work fine too.