- Calories: 350
- Protein: 27g
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 28g
- Dietary Fiber: 9g
- Natural Sugar: 9g
- Added Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 890mg
Christine Riccitelli wowed TODAY show hosts on the Too Good To Be Healthy cook-off with this healthy and flavorful spin on traditional turkey chili. Try it at home…I guarantee you’ll be just as impressed.
- Prep time
- Total Time
- 1 package (20 ounces) extra lean (99 percent) ground turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon red hot pepper flakes
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
In a large 4- to 6-quart pot, cook turkey, garlic and ginger until turkey is no longer pink, stirring constantly to break up turkey. Once fully cooked, drain the liquid.
Stir in cumin, chili powder and red pepper flakes. Add the remaining ingredients (except peanut butter and cilantro). Mix well and bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Stir in peanut butter and cilantro.
Spoon into bowls and serve hot.