- Calories: 160
- Protein: 8 g
- Total Fat: 3.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 10 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 23 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2 g
- Total Sugar: 3 g
- Natural Sugar: 3 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 760 mg
Imagine combining creamy spinach artichoke dip with a slice of cheesy pizza for the ultimate eating experience. The dip is rich and indulgent, yet it’s a surprisingly lightened-up version. Plus, it’s a cinch to make. I use toasted English muffins for my pizza “crust” since they’re perfectly thin and provide a crisp-crunchy base. Although, for a lower-carb spin, you can also choose to build your mini pizzas on roasted portobello mushroom caps.
- Prep time
- Total Time
For the Spinach Artichoke Dip (makes ~2½ cups)
- • 1 box (10 ounces) frozen, chopped spinach
- • ¾ cup light mayonnaise
- • ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- • 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained, and finely chopped
- • 2 scallions, finely chopped
- • ½ teaspoon kosher salt or coarse sea salt
- • ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- • ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- • ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- • ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional (omit if you’re heat sensitive)
For the Pizzas
- • ½ to 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- • 6 whole-grain English Muffins (optional, use only if you’re making English Muffin pizzas)
To make the spinach artichoke dip: Microwave the frozen spinach according to package directions. Squeeze out as much water as possible using paper towels or cheesecloth. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients. Set aside until ready to assemble pizzas.
To make the English Muffin Pizzas
Layer a dollop of dip and a sprinkling of shredded mozzarella on top of each English muffin. Bake in oven at 400°F for about 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and the dip is warmed through, then finish under the broiler to create a golden-brown top.
Nutrition provided for 1 English Muffin Pizza half.
To make a low-carb version, use my Roasted Portobello Mushroom Cap recipe.
Try these Pizza Peppers!