- Calories: 230
- Protein: 14 g
- Total Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 70 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 31 g
- Dietary Fiber: 8 g
- Sodium: 160 mg
This creative spin on my Triple Veggie Quinoa recipe is a great family-style meal for Meatless Mondays! The addition of the eggs and cheese give this dish a unique Mexican flair that your whole gang is sure to love.
- Prep time
- Total Time
- • 8 ounces mushrooms, finely diced
- • 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- • 8 stalks kale, cut into small pieces (~4 cups kale, chopped)
- • 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix (store-bought or try my Taco seasoning blend)
- • 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- • 2 cups cooked quinoa
- • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- • ½ to 1 cup 2% cheddar cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 375˚.
Coat large skillet or pot liberally with nonstick olive oil spray. Add mushrooms, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add red pepper and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, then add kale, along with taco seasoning, and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off heat and add the black beans. Stir in the cooked quinoa.
Transfer to an oven-safe baking dish, mix in the egg and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake in oven for about 10 minutes, then broil for a few extra minutes to brown and bubble the cheese.
Try my Sweet Potato Nachos.