- Calories: 215
- Protein: 3.5g
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 39g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.5g
- Total Sugar: 23g
- Natural Sugar: 17g
- Added Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 90mg
Enjoy the fruits of the season with this delicious stone-fruit crisp. It’s a healthy take on the cobbler that will treat your tastebuds and make your stomach happy, too.
- Prep time
- Total Time
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats, dry
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour (or cornstarch)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 cups (about 1¼ pounds) diced peaches (fresh or frozen, thawed)
- 4 cups (about 1¼ pounds) pitted cherries (fresh or frozen, thawed)
Preheat oven to 375˚.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cherries and peaches with arrowroot (or cornstarch), orange zest and orange juice. Pour the fruit mixture into a 2-quart baking dish and set aside.
In another bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter. With a fork, squish the butter into the flour mixture until the flour is no longer dry (it should resemble wet sand).
Sprinkle the oat mixture evenly on top of the fruit and place the baking dish in the oven. Bake for about 60 minutes, or until the topping is crispy and brown and the fruit is bubbling. Allow the crisp to cool for at least 30 minutes so the filling can set, and then serve.
*Note: To make clean-up easier, place baking dish on top of a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. This will keep fruit juices from dripping onto the bottom of your oven.