- Calories: 480
- Protein: 35g
- Total Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Total Carbohydrate: 59g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- Sodium: 510mg
Every time I make this for dinner my kids devour it! The surprise ingredient is pumpkin, which provides a boost of beta-carotene for glowing skin and enhanced immunity. And the best part is, you won’t even notice the pumpkin is there.
- Prep time
- Total Time
- 1 package whole wheat rotini or penne pasta
- 1.25 pounds ground turkey (at least 90% lean)
- 26 ounces marinara sauce (like Ragu Light, no sugar added)
- 1/2 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
Prepare whole wheat rotini or penne pasta according to directions, drain and set aside in covered pot.
Brown ground turkey meat. When turkey is cooked through, add the marinara sauce and canned pumpkin puree. Mix thoroughly until bubbly hot.
Add turkey pumpkin-tomato sauce to pasta and toss. Top with reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese or 4 cheese Mexican blend. Thoroughly mix until cheese is melty and blended throughout pasta.