- Calories: 450
- Protein: 48 g
- Total Fat: 26 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 310 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1 g
- Total Sugar: 1 g
- Natural Sugar: 0 g
- Added Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 630 mg
Buttery shrimp scampi is a seafood lover’s dream come true: It’s packed with flavor, stars lean protein and features a bright, lemony finish. My version is, of course, a lightened-up spin that you’ll love because it cooks up in under 30 minutes and requires just one pan. I use pre-cooked chicken Italian sausage here, but feel free to swap in your poultry sausage of choice. I kept the sodium down with sodium-free Dash Original seasoning and garlic (if you love garlic, go ahead and add a few more cloves for an extra kick). Then, serve over a bed of wilted fresh baby spinach, whole-wheat couscous, quinoa, or orzo.
- Prep time
- Total Time
- • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- • 1 tablespoon garlic, minced, divided (about 3 to 4 cloves)
- • 4 teaspoons Dash Original Seasoning, divided
- • 2 medium zucchinis, sliced thinly in half-moons (about 1 pound)
- • 8 ounces pre-cooked spicy or sweet Italian chicken sausage, sliced thin
- • 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- • 1½ pounds uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined (if frozen, defrost, and pat dry)
- • 3 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- • 1½ tablespoons butter, cut into small cubes
- • Optional Garnish: fresh lemon wedges and fresh parsley, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 400°. Mist a large sheet pan (or 2 standard-size pans) liberally with olive oil spray and set aside.
In a medium bowl mix 1 tablespoon olive oil, ½ tablespoon minced garlic, 2 teaspoons Dash seasoning, zucchini, and sausage. Evenly spread it onto the prepared baking sheet(s) into one layer. Roast in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until veggies become soft and sausage starts to brown.
While veggies and sausage are roasting in the oven, prepare the marinade for shrimp: In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining olive oil, minced garlic, and Dash seasoning. Add the lemon zest and shrimp. Mix well. Let marinate for about 10 to 15 minutes.
When veggie and sausage reach the 15-minute mark in oven, remove sheet pan(s) and using tongs, place the shrimp on the cooked veggies and sausage. Squeeze the lemon juice over everything and scatter on the butter cubes.
Roast for another 8 to 10 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. (Larger prawns will take about 10 to 12 minutes). Remove from oven and toss to mix around the lemony-butter sauce. Serve immediately with fresh lemon wedges and parsley.