- Calories: 130
- Protein: 3 g
- Total Fat: 2.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat:0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 28 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5 g
- Total Sugar: 13 g
- Natural Sugar: 0 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 100 mg
Need a java jolt? Skip Starbucks (well, once in a while, that is) and sip on this joyful frappuccino spin made with wholesome ingredients and just the right amount of mojo magic. The coffee flavor is prominent (in the best way) with just one shot, but if you’d like a more intense espresso flavor—and double the caffeine!—add an additional shot. This recipe with a one-ounce dose, offers up about 60-70 milligrams of caffeine depending on your bean and roast.
Guys, words cannot espresso how creamy-dreamy, and addictively delicious this sipper is— it will infuse your morning madness and afternoon lulls with just the boost you need to power through… and do you.
- Prep time
- Total Time
- • 1 (1 ounce) shot of prepared espresso, chilled
- • ½ cup vanilla almond milk (or any preferred milk; cow’s, oat, soy, etc)
- • 1 large ripe frozen banana (peeled and totally frozen)
- • 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- • ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- • ½ to 1 heaping cup ice (whatever amount gets it super thick)
- • Sweetener of choice, optional*
*You can add 1 to 2 teaspoons maple syrup, honey, or sugar substitute if you’d like it sweeter.
Toss all ingredients into a blender and puree until thick and smooth. (Do not over-mix or it will become too thin). Add 1 to 2 teaspoons optional sweetener to reach your desired taste.
If using sweetener, add 40 calories per teaspoon (unless it’s a zero-calorie sugar substitute).