- Calories: 158
- Protein: 8g
- Total Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Total Carbohydrate: 28.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Total Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 120mg
Millet, the star ingredient of this vegan dish, is a high-quality carb that’s good for people with heart disease or type 2 diabetes. It even works for people with celiac disease because it’s gluten-free!
- Prep time
- Total Time
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 8 stalks kale, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked millet
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Coat pan liberally with oil spray.
Add mushrooms, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Next, add the red pepper and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Finally, toss in the kale and cook 2 to 3 more minutes.
Mix in taco seasoning (use a pre-made packet or try my homemade version). Turn off heat and stir in black beans and cooked millet. Season with Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste.