- Calories: 335
- Protein: 19.5g
- Total Fat: 4.3g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Total Carbohydrate: 56.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 22.5g
- Total Sugar: 9.3g
- Sodium: 500mg
This quick and easy side dish is both nutritious and delicious. The beans and lentils give a one-two shot of fiber and protein to help keep you feeling full.
- Prep time
- Total Time
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (may swap for pinto, garbanzo, edamame, etc.)
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Light Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing (may swap for 1 tablespoon olive oil and 4 TB balsamic vinegar)
- Ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Any preferred seasonings to taste
Bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add 1 cup rinsed lentils and 1 teaspoon salt and simmer, stirring occasionally, until tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool.
In a medium bowl, toss cooked lentils, black beans, chopped apple, chopped onions, optional greens, and low-calorie Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing. You may substitute dressing for 2 tsp olive oil and unlimited balsamic vinegar. Season with ground black pepper and preferred herbs and spices. Serve over bed of leafy greens.