- Calories: 158
- Total Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 29g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Total Sugar: 13.5g
- Sodium: 103mg
This beautiful side dish, created by Amanda Vaughn of Indianapolis, is great for Thanksgiving, or any time of the fall season.
- Prep time
- Total Time
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (8 oz), peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 Gala apples, cored and cut into cubes
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes and onion to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
Stir in apples, raisins, garlic, thyme and cinnamon. Cook for 3 minutes.
Pour in broth, bring to a boil, and cook until evaporated, about 2 minutes.
Season with a dash of Kosher salt and black pepper. Cook until hot, about 2 minutes. Sweet Potatoes should be slightly soft but still retain shape. If not, you may add a little more chicken broth and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.