- Calories: 305
- Protein: 30g
- Total Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 6g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Total Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 700mg
Eileen Budnyk’s made these tasty patties for the Too Good To Be Healthy burger cook-off and I have to say, they are absolutely delicious. Make these sliders for a fun meal that both kids and adults will enjoy!
- Prep time
- Total Time
- 1 lb. ground turkey meat (at least 93% lean)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh mint, chopped (1 Tablespoon dried)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped (1/2 Tablespoon dried)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped (1/2 Tablespoon dried)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced finely or grated
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Zest and juice of one large lemon
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons good extra virgin olive oil
TZATZIKI SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 6 oz. plain Greek yogurt, non-fat or low-fat
- 1/2 cup cucumber, grated or finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, grated or finely chopped
- 1.5 Tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (1/2 Tablespoon dried)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Dash of kosher salt
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 12 large Baby Romaine (or any other kind) lettuce leaves, folded or cut in half
- Small tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- Kalamata black olives, sliced (optional)
In a large bowl, mix all of the burger ingredients together, being careful not to overwork the mixture. Form into 12 small patties, cover with plastic, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile,prepare Tzatziki sauce by mixing all of the ingredients in a medium bowl, and refrigerating until ready to serve burgers.
Preheat grill to 450 degrees. Remove patties from refrigerator, and place on preheated grill. Cook for 3 minutes on each side.
Serve patties on lettuce teaves, topped with prepared Tzatziki, tomatoes and olives. Enjoy!
Makes 4 servings (3 small patties per serving)