- Calories: 90
- Protein: 2 g
- Total Fat: 8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5 g
- Total Sugar: 1 g
- Natural Sugar: 1 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 150 mg
Holy guacamole! This is my go-to recipe—it’s the creamiest and most out-of-this-world rendition (in my #totallyobjective opinion) and will seriously guac your world. Avocado is the star ingredient and brings fiber and heart-healthy monounsaturated fats to your fiesta. It’s also a great source of potassium; half an avocado has about the same amount as a banana. I’m telling you, this flavorful dip will make your crudites and chips rejoice.
For an adult-party spin, make my “Margarita Guacamole” by mixing in 2 tablespoons tequila. It’s a fun crowd-pleaser.
- Prep time
- Total Time
- • 3 avocados, peeled and pitted (2 mashed and one chopped for texture)
- • ½ cup chopped red onion
- • ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- • 2 Tablespoons lime juice (about 2 limes)
- • 4 Tablespoons minced cilantro
- • 1 jalapeno, finely chopped (*remove seeds and membranes)
- • ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- • ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- • ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- • ¼ teaspoon cayenne, optional
*If you prefer fiery heat, keep the seeds in.
Add all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and combine. Add a dash of optional cayenne to kick up the heat if you’d like.
Nutrition provided for ¼ cup serving.
Try my Edamame Hummus!