- Calories: 40
- Protein: 1 g
- Total Fat: 3.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0 g
- Total Sugar: 0 g
- Natural Sugar: 0 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 90 mg
Grab a napkin…you’ll be drooling over this crazy-good, creamy dressing that hits all the right smoky notes. Tahini, a paste made from ground sesame seeds, provides a mellow, nutty, slightly bitter (in a good way) flavor. The canned chipotle peppers bring the heat, which you can adjust to your liking. And the adobo sauce is bold and tangy, and perfectly scrumptious. Mixed together with lime juice and garlic, these ingredients create a palate-pleasing dressing you can drizzle or dollop onto salads, bowls…or even use as a dip or sandwich spread.
- Prep time
- Total Time
- • ¼ cup tahini (make sure it’s well blended before measuring)
- • 1 to 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce*
- • 6 Tablespoons warm water
- • 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- • 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- • ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- • ½ teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
*You are the boss of your sauce so you can decide to omit the peppers entirely or dial up the volume! There are 3 levels of heat:
- 1. Mild and bold smoky flavor: add 1-2 Tablespoons of adobo sauce
- 2. Admirable heat: add one saucy chipotle pepper
- 3. Wicked-hot heat (bring tears-to-your-eyes kind of heat): add two chipotle peppers
Blend everything together, and season with salt and pepper to taste. For a thinner consistency, add more water 1 Tablespoon at a time.
Store in fridge in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Nutrition provided per tablespoon dressing.
Drizzle it on this Reboot Bowl!