- Calories: 170
- Protein: 12 g
- Total Fat: 8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
- Cholesterol: 80 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 10 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1 g
- Total Sugar: 3 g
- Natural Sugar: 3 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 250 mg
Slim down your standard quiche recipe by replacing the starchy crust with this cauliflower version. Cut even more calories by replacing half the eggs with egg whites. For bonus points, load up on plenty of veggies, as I’ve done in this recipe. Every slice of this quiche delivers 12 g of satiating protein for just 170 calories and 10 grams of carbs.
- Prep time
- Total Time
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup part-skim shredded mozzarella
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup two-percent milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat grated cheese (such as cheddar, Swiss or mozzarella)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 strips turkey bacon, sliced (optional)
- 1½ cups chopped veggies of your choice (I used chopped broccoli, chopped tomatoes, sliced onions, chopped mushrooms, chopped spinach)
For the Crust:
Heat oven to 350˚.
Pulse cauliflower florets in a food processor to create rice-sized pieces. Be careful not to over-process.
Mix cauliflower rice and remaining crust ingredients in a bowl.
Spread mixture evenly in a pie pan or an oven-safe cast iron skillet (for extra crispiness). Bake for 15 minutes.
For the Quiche:
Whisk all quiche ingredients together.
Pour egg mixture on top of crust, and bake uncovered for about 45 minutes, or until the center is set and firm. Cut into 8 slices and enjoy.
Nutrition information courtesy of Genesis® R&D