- Calories: 140
- Protein: 6 g
- Total Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 16 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1 g
- Total Sugar: 3 g
- Natural Sugar: 3 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 320 mg
It’s difficult to imagine that a BLT could get any better—but then I went ahead and tossed the classic fixings onto a pizza crust and there you have it: pure bliss! The tomatoes are baked into the crust for sweet bursts of juiciness in every bite. Then it’s topped with the “B” and “L”— crispy turkey bacon and shredded romaine lettuce—for an extra dose of goodness. And to take it totally over the top, add a few spoonfuls of my Ranch Dressing and a generous drizzle of balsamic glaze. My prediction: This may become your new obsession. (It’s definitely mine)
- A few notes on the dough:
- • You can buy “frozen or shelf-stable” ready-made shaped pizza crust. Typically, you add your toppings and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes. Check the package and follow the specific brand directions. Comes in all varieties; white flour, whole wheat, gluten-free, cauliflower and more.
• You can buy frozen or refrigerated pizza dough balls; simply let thaw if frozen and roll into a pizza crust shape. Follow directions for adding toppings and oven time/temp.
• You can buy boxed powdery mixes, just like muffin and cake mix.
• You can make your own crust! Recipes are pretty simple (and fun!) to follow and tend to be comprised of flour (bonus points for whole grain), a dash of sugar, dry yeast, salt, olive oil and water. Check out my easy recipe here.
- Prep time
- Total Time
- • Pre-made pizza crust*
- • 2 to 3 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- • 1 to 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- • 6 strips of turkey bacon, cooked and cut into 1-inch pieces
- • Ranch dressing (recipe here)
- • Balsamic glaze
*My directions are for a shelf-stable Boboli. Since brands will vary, be sure to follow heating directions on the brand you’re using.
Preheat oven to 450°F. Line tomato slices on pizza crust and mist the tops with olive oil spray. Place in oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle the shredded lettuce over the cooked tomatoes. Scatter the turkey bacon pieces evenly on top. Spoon small droplets of Ranch dressing all over your pizza, followed by generous drizzles of balsamic glaze. Cut into slices and enjoy!
Nutrition provided per slice. Add 8 calories per Tablespoon of Ranch Dressing and 10 calories per teaspoon balsamic glaze.
Try these BLT Kebabs!