- Calories: 110
- Protein: 5 g
- Total Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 21 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4 g
- Total Sugar: 14 g
- Natural Sugar: 11 g
- Added Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 115 mg
This smoothie is so pretty and surprisingly sweet. Beets, the star of this bevvy, are a root vegetable that’s high in folate and manganese (a mineral that strengthens bones and boosts metabolism). They also chip in vitamins C and A. Note that I’ve given a range for the beets; I’d recommend starting on the low end and gradually increasing until you find your flavor sweet spot—the higher end offers quite an intense beet taste. You can use canned instead of fresh for convenience if you’d like. I’ve also mixed in some oats because they provide extra fiber and enhance the texture, but feel free to skip if you’re looking for a slightly slimmer, lower-carb sip. I’m not sure which I love more—the delicious flavor or the stunning color—either way, it’s really un-beet-able.
- Prep time
- Total Time
• ½ cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
• 1 cup mixed frozen berries (any type)
• ½ to 1 cup cooked beets, roughly chopped (roasted or canned)
• ½ cup nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt (traditional or Greek)
• 2 tablespoons rolled oats (quick or old-fashioned)
• 1 to 2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup
• 3 to 5 ice cubes
Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth and frothy. Enjoy.
Try my Green Smoothie.