- Calories: 90
- Protein: 6g
- Total Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 10g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.5g
- Total Sugar: 2.5g
- – Natural Sugar: 2.5g
- Sodium: 240mg
Don’t deny it…we all love the taste fried food, but hate the loads of grease and calories that come along for the ride. Luckily, these oven “fried” fritters give you all the crunch and deliciousness you crave, without the side of guilt. Whip this up as a tasty side dish or double up the recipe for a fun appetizer to share.
- Prep time
- Total Time
- 1 (12-oz) bag frozen cauliflower
- 1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Boil the cauliflower until tender – about 5-8 minutes.
Drain the cauliflower well and mash until you get a mashed potato-like consistency with a few lumps. Combine the rest of the ingredients with the mashed cauliflower, and form into 4 rounded patties.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and mist with oil spray. Add the cauliflower patties to the sheet, mist the tops with oil spray as well, and bake for 40 minutes, flipping the patties halfway through. For extra crunch, place patties under the broiler for an additional 15-30 seconds.